I. Preventive Control Functions:
1. To prepare a valid Decision whether the EEI (Evaluation of Environmental Impact) is necessary or not, regarding investment proposals for construction activities and technologies;
Within the research and development study period, investors are obliged to inform in writing the relevant bodies - the MOEW/RIEW about their investment proposals for construction activities and technologies.
• On reception of the notification, the relevant institution issues a standpoint whether the investment proposal is envisaged in Annex 1 of the Environment Preservation Act (EPA) or not. If it is, the EEI is mandatory. If an investment proposal is envisaged in Annex 2 of the EPA, the validity of EEI is defined for every single case on the grounds of certain criteria. If an investment proposal is out of the range of Annexes 1 and 2, but contains elements concerning the National Ecological Net (NET), then again the validity of EEI is defined for every single case.
• Within 14-days period the relevant institution informs the investor about the actions he should undertake.
• The investor puts forward a request for an assessment of the validity of EEI and within one-month period the relevant institution declares its Decision on the validity of EEI for the certain case.
• The Decision is submitted to the investor.
2. To pass a Decision on EEI for investment proposals for construction activities and technologies.
• To consult investors about the set-point range of the EEI.
• To approve the set range of the EEI.
• To evaluate the quality of the EEI report (EEIR) on the grounds of the criteria / art. 14, par. 1 of the LMC 59 dated 07.03.2003 and the Regulation for the conditions and procedures for the implementation of EEI.
• If the assessment of the EEI is positive, the relevant institution informs the investor in writing and defines the municipalities, regions and locations in which the investor should initiate a public discussion of the EEIR. It also requires two more copies of the EEIR.
The relevant institution takes a Decision based on the EEI and on the grounds of:
• EEI report;
• The documentation presented during the procedure;
• The public discussions results;
• EEI assessment which is done by the RIEW.
The department declares the Decision about the EEI in 7-days period. The relevant institutions submit the Decision to the investor and the mass media.
3. To maintain an information registry, which is filed for every EEI procedure.
4. To keep the whole submitted documentation about every EEI procedure.
II. Running Control Functions:
1. To prepare standpoints about the EEIR, for which the competent institution is the MOEW.
2. To monitor and control the execution of the EEI Decision terms, issued by the RIEW and the MOEW.
3. To monitor industrial sites for which a Decision for EEI validity has been issued.
4. To prepare reports about activities related with the EEI.
III. Administrative Services:
1. To prepare assessments and standpoints upon investors request (in compliance with the regulations).
2. To issue certificates of registered experts.
Tel: 092/ 663165, extension 106
Back to the scheme of the structure